PNG Kumuls News : Boas, Nima in ; Lam, Talita out
Boas replaces Lachlan Lam who has been released to begin pre- season training with 2018 NRL premiers Sydney Roosters.
Stanford Talita who was added onto the squad with fellow PNG U23 Residents Edwin Ipape and Woods Kawage was forced to withdraw to focus on his studies. Talita has been replaced by Brandon Nima.
The arrivals of Tom Butterfield yesterday (Monday) and Nene Macdonald today (Tuesday) will complete the squad for game one against England Knights in Lae on Saturday 27 October.
The team for game one will be announced in Lae on Thursday:
James Segeyaro and Kyle Laybutt will join the squad early next week for game two in Port Moresby on Saturday 3 November.
The PNG LNG Kumuls 20-man squad (in alphabetical order) is:
1. Ase Boas (PNG Hunters)
2. Brandon Nima (Goroka Lahanis)
3. David Mead (C) (Catalans Dragons)
4. Dilbert Isaac (PNG Hunters)
5. Edwin Ipape (Lae Snax Tigers)
6. Enoch Maki (PNG Hunters)
7.James Segeyaro (Cronulla Sharks)
8. Junior Rau (PNG Hunters)
9.Justin Olam (Melbourne Storm)
10. Kyle Laybutt (Nth Qld Cowboys)
11. Moses Meninga (PNG Hunters)
12. Nene Macdonald (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13. Nixon Putt (PNG Hunters)
14. Rhadley Brawa (PNG Hunters)
15. Stanton Albert (PNG Hunters)
16. Tommy Butterfield (East Tigers)
17. Watson Boas (PNG Hunters)
18. Wellington Albert (Widnes Viking)
19. Woods Kawage (Enga Mioks)
20. Zev John (Melbourne Storm)
Coach Michael Marum said the team travels to Lae tomorrow to prepare for the first game against England Knights at 3pm this Saturday at the Lae Rugby League ground.